Fleas and Cigarette Smoke!
I have stayed at many Marriott properties and most of them were top-notch. However, this hotel is deplorable. First off, they allow pets in the rooms. This was made evident when we checked into the room, and an hour later my wife got bitten by a flea! I managed to catch and trap the flea so we could prove it if need be. We were disgusted, and we also have a baby so we were worried he'd already gotten bites. So we had to pack up everything at 11:00 at night and switch rooms. They moved us to the next floor, and shortly after moving we smelled heavy cigarette smoke in our room. Someone was smoking in a room nearby, and it was coming in through the vents! We didn't want to move again that late at night, so we had to keep the bathroom fan on the whole time. Breakfast was terrible. All the food was lukewarm at best. The pancakes tasted like they were made the day before. Breakfast is served until 10:00 - and at 9:55 the workers come scurrying in, removing all the food as quickly as possible. We were not impressed, and neither were the guests sitting at the next table. The next morning was checkout, which is supposed to be at noon. We had a do not disturb sign up while we were packing up our stuff, yet at 11:50 the housekeeper starts banging on our door. I told her we'd be out soon. She left her cleaning cart so close to my door that we had a hard time getting our luggage past it. I will never return to this hotel. The service and quality is beyond sub-par and not up to Marriott standards.